At some of Sweden’s national parks and nature reserves, there is a Naturum visitor centre.
In addition to exhibits, the visitor centre also offers guided tours, lectures, theme evenings and more. Through Naturum you can find out more about the area’s animals, plants, geology and cultural history. You can also get advice and tips about destinations and hiking in the area.
An inspiring portal to the national park
Throughout the year the Färnebofjärden Naturum offers many different activities, such as boat trips, bird mornings and bat evenings. We are open year-round and admission to the exhibits is free.
Opening hours 2020
In the current situation, the nature center of Färnebofjärden continues to remain closed, and we are now moving out into the national park, to your visitors.
During the period June, July and August there is a nature reserve on site at the national park's main entrance every day, 10-12 and 13-16 pm. We help you with tips on what to see and do in the Färnebofjärden National Park, and hand out “discover yourself” material to use to discover nature on your own.
We find it gratifying that so many find out in nature! Remember to follow the recommendations of the Public Health Authority to stay indoors if you are ill and do not go out in groups if you belong to a risk group. Keep away from others.
Depending on what the situation looks like, we may need to keep the nature center closed even longer. You can find updated information about the situation here under News, as well as on our Facebook page. Take care of each other!
/ Best regards from the nature staff
We might have to keep naturum closed also for a longer period. You can find updated information here on our website and also in our facebook.
- January: Wednesdays 11 am-3 pm
- February: Wednesdays 11 am-3 pm. Week 8-9, open every day 11 am - 3 pm
- March: Wednesdays 11 am-3 pm. Week 9, open every day 11 am - 3 pm.
- April: Wednesday - Sunday 11 am - 3 pm. Easter holiday week 16 open every day 11 am -4 pm. Monday 30th of April 6 pm - 10 pm.
- May: Wednesday - Sunday 11 am - 4 pm.
- June - August: During the period June, July and August there is a nature reserve on site at the national park's main entrance every day, 10-12 and 13-16 pm (No staff on Midsummer 19th of June)
- September: Wednesday - Sunday 11 am - 4 pm.
- October: Wednesday - Sunday 11 am - 4 pm. Autumn break week 44, open every day 11 am - 4 pm.
- November: Wednesdays 11 am-3 pm. Autumn break week 44, open every day 11 am - 3 pm.
- December: Wednesdays 11 am-3 pm. Open 1-9 of December. Christmas market in Gysinge, naturum open 11 am 3 pm.