Safety and rules
Through information, we hope to promote understanding and respect for the rules that protect nature and the value of visits.
Remember that the Right of Public Access is limited in the national park! Special regulations apply; read them here.
It's forbidden to:
- fish in any waterway other than Odensjön
- dig up plants or gather moss, lichens or fungi that live on wood
- climb in trees with nests, gather insects or in any other way consciously disturb or damage wildlife
- break twigs, fell trees or in any other way damage living or dead trees and shrubs or pick dead twigs & branches or gather other dead wood
- pitch a tent or build a fire anywhere except in designated places
- fly over the area at a height of less then 300 metres above the ground
- land or take off with aircraft
- operate a motor vehicle anywhere except on designated roads
- park anywhere except in designated parking areas and set up or park a caravan or something similar (such as a motorhome) except during daytime in designated parking areas
- erect signs, boards or other markings in the landscape
- ride horses or bicycle anywhere except on designated roads and paths
- climb rocks
- bring a dog into the national park except on a leash
- arrange contests or animal shows or carry on dog training anywhere except in designated places in Nackarpsdalen
- use a radio or tape/CD player in a manner that disturbs others.
Numbered rescue points.
During 2020 we have marked all our hiking path direction poles and other important places in the national park with a rescue point number on the pole. The number is place specific and has coordinates associated with the number.
The rescue points are part of a joint collaboration with the Rescue services and Söderåsen national park. The aim is to improve safety for visitors to the national park with coordinated and quicker response if an emergency should occur.
If an accident should happen while hiking you should know what rescue point number you are closest to. This will help the rescue services to locate you.