Nature information has a long tradition in Skäralid. In 1982 Sweden’s first nature school was formed in the Gula Villan in Skäralid.
School classes visited and explored the area until the nature school operation left the building in 1997.
Naturum visitor centre was inaugurated in 2000 and is the centre for national park nature information. Naturum’s activities include information for visitors, exhibits and guided tours, various programme activities as well as development of maps, signs, brochures and fact sheets. School classes continue to come in large numbers and are an important target group.
The visitor centre opening hours for 2022:
- January: Closed
- February from 22 February: Tuesday to Sunday between 11 and 15.
- March: Tuesday to Sunday between 11 and 16.
- April: Tuesday to Sunday between 11 and 16.
- May until September: Monday to Sunday between 10 and 17.
- October: Tuesday to Sunday between 11 and 16.
- November: Tuesday to Sunday between 11 and 15.
Midsummer Eve (24th June) the visitor centre will be closed.
The visitor centre will be closed throughout December.
Depending on the pandemic and the Swedish centre of disease control the visitor centres opening hours may change. If the exhibition should close there will be nature guides on site outdoors or reacheable via phone 010 224 11 50 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be information leaflets available outside the entrance.